There are two types of membership.
- Active Member – $40 per calendar year
- Friend of the Society – $20 per calendar year
For those that take part in a production of the Society, this entitles the member to free tickets* to the productions in which they are active for at least 50% of the season, additional discount on further tickets*, newsletters, and relevant information and offers. Membership expires each year on December 31st. Financial members over the age of 18 have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting which happens prior to December 31st each year for the previous financial year.
*Quantity of free or discounted tickets can vary for each production and are determined by the Board of Management. Comp tickets must be ordered by Monday of production week.
Friend of the Society
Become a Friend of the Society and receive a complimentary souvenir programme for every show this year. Keep up to date with newsletters and special offers. Membership expires each year on December 31st. Financial members over the age of 18 have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting which happens prior to December 31st each year for the previous financial year.
HOS Membership Card Terms and Conditions:
- The Hamilton Operatic Society Inc. Membership Card, known as the HOS Membership Card, remains the property of the Society at all times and may be requested to be returned at any time and at the discretion of the Board of Management.
- The HOS Membership Card’s Terms and Conditions are subject to change by the Board of Management or to reflect any legislative requirements at any time.
- The named person on the HOS Membership Card is the only person entitled to use the HOS Membership Card and must do so by presenting their valid NZ Driver’s Licence.
- The Board of Management will detail any entitlement, benefit or other expectation resulting from the possession of the HOS Membership Card, annually and before 1st January.
- Any third parties such as Ticketek or any affiliated sponsor or supplier where a benefit may be offered to HOS Membership Card holders, have the right to refuse this HOS Membership Card should they believe it is being used fraudulently at any time.
- The HOS Membership Card is valid only for the financial year (1 January to 31 December) in which it is issued upon payment of the annual Membership Subscription.
- The loss of the HOS Membership Card will result in a replacement fee.
- The HOS Membership Card has no monetary value and cannot be used as currency to purchase goods or services.
- By becoming a member of Hamilton Operatic Society Inc. you agree to be contacted from time to time by email with membership offers and upcoming events. You are able to unsubscribe from this email contact at any time.
- Found cards should be retuned to PO Box 463, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240.